Thursday, December 19, 2013

Midwifery

I have a tendency to hold onto ideas and let them gestate until they are ready to hatch fully formed. Unfortunately, the gestation period can be long and holding a bunch of ideas in my head can be kind of difficult. I started this blog with the intention of trying a new approach. I would stake out new ideas as they came to me and then organize them later.

Things haven't quite worked out that way. I haven't written a blog post in months and my brain is crammed with so many ideas at the moment that I can't even tell what I've got in there. What's put my brain into overdrive? Just the kernel of a strategic plan for my mission in life, a kernel that has been gestating for over twenty years and is almost ready to pop.

Thankfully, every day is a new day and I'm back to try again. I recognize that establishing new habits is really hard and it takes work. With that in mind, I plan on posting every day. Sometimes even multiple times a day. This is my job between now and the new year. Most of these posts are going to be somewhat disjointed, but I need to get them out of my head and on paper before I can begin organizing and fully making sense of them. I'm inducing labor and it's going to be messy, so buckle up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment